[TYPO3-project-4-3] [TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 8 09:05:51 CEST 2009

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> Rupert, don't get obsessed with the performance issue. I can see use
>>> cases where I want to pass
>>> around messages from one HTTP request to the other. And I can see
>>> other cases where this is not
>>> needed at all.
>>
>> True.

> ok. to bring this to an end. I suggest the following steps:
> - I draw back this patch
> - I make a new RFC containing the API cleanup from this patch, but
> leaving the storage mechanism untouched

You mean having an option to keep flash messages in the session? Or an
option to have "volatile" flash messages that are not stored in the
session?

The main issue is that the "rendering" of the flash messages is exactly
what we need for "one time" notices/warnings/etc, so it makes sense to
use the same class.

> - we continue the discussion about enhancing the
> possibilities/performance of the flashmessages in the 4.3 general list.

We are already in the 4.3 general list. I sucked you into it (Follow-up). :)

> deal? ;-)

Deal.

Cheers,
Ernesto