[TYPO3-project-4-3] [TYPO3-core] RFC #12130: Improve performance of flashmessages

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Oct 8 09:37:46 CEST 2009

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Rupert Germann schrieb:
>> - I make a new RFC containing the API cleanup from this patch, but
>> leaving the storage mechanism untouched
>
> You mean having an option to keep flash messages in the session? Or an
> option to have "volatile" flash messages that are not stored in the
> session?

For the time being I planned no configuration options - just the API
cleanup. The messages will be stored in the db by the messageQueue class
which uses the TYPO3 "session handling" like it is now.

In a next step we could think about a new parameter for the
flashmessages object which is used by the messageQueue to decide wether
the message has to be stored persistent or only for one request.

A parameter for writing them automatically to table sys_log would also
be a handy option.

greets
rupert