[TYPO3-project-4-3] unittesting scriptclasses?

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon May 18 09:38:22 CEST 2009

Hi Peter,

> i realy got infected by the idea of first writing unittests before
> fixing a bug in the core. unfortunately this is not possible atm for the
> 60+ SC_* classes (i attached a list - maybe its not complete but should
> give an overview).
>
> I talked to olly about how to restructure them - at least to outhouse
> the contained classes into seperate files.

The whole thing sounds good to me. It could be an opportunity to prepare
for a later clean up. For example, the old BE (alt_main) doesn't work at
all anymore. At least with Trunk. So we could avoid moving/renaming such
classes, which would mark them as candidates for removal in a future
release.

It remains to be seen how much work this is. Maybe it would be better to
do it for 4.4?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter