[TYPO3-project-4-3] unittesting scriptclasses?

Peter Kuehn [wmdb>] peter.kuehn at wmdb.de
Sun May 17 13:01:43 CEST 2009

Hi yall,

i realy got infected by the idea of first writing unittests before
fixing a bug in the core. unfortunately this is not possible atm for the
60+ SC_* classes (i attached a list - maybe its not complete but should
give an overview).

I talked to olly about how to restructure them - at least to outhouse
the contained classes into seperate files.

this would imho have more great effects then just the ability to
unittest the functions, fx. SC_tce_db could easily be used inside of
registered ajaxID?s to have a simple way to store data through TCEmain
and so on.

id volunteer to cook the needed patches, if you want me to, but the
question is:
how far should this go?

just reorganize the classes in one folder? more then one? and where? (id
vote for this, cause i think thats feasible).
doing even more like having a dispatcher, register the classes somewhere?

what do you think?

gRTz
pekue