[TYPO3-project-4-3] Question concerning MVC integration and compatibility to Typo3 5.0

Sven Pontow pontow at orangefluid.com
Mon Mar 23 18:43:31 CET 2009

Hi all,

I've a rather general questions concerning the implementation of the the
MVC framework (planned for beta).

It's said to ease the migration from typo3 4.x to typo3 5. I read that a
migration will only require minor tweaks to extensions build on this MVC
framework.

I've been searching for more details on this topic. However I can't seem
to find something fitting, which also maybe due to the state of flow3,
typo5 and 4.x.

Does someone maybe have more information on migration from 4.x to the
future typo3 5?

I want to recode one of my extensions (one which is rather large) due to
several change requests and would like to take the most sensible path.

And for now it seems it will be going with 4.3 MVC and later migrate to
typo3 5, which is still rather far away.

I'd be happy for any advise and / or information on 4.x MVC / 5 migration.

thanks a lot and have a nice evening

Sven