[TYPO3-project-4-3] XML support in TS

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Mar 22 10:51:34 CET 2009

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i will try to make the xpath parser, would be nice if you can help out
> with this localization. I read the document so often, but i have to
> reread this models every time, i don't know why it's so hard for me to
> remember.

Kasper is good at inventing stuff and writing docs for geeks. But his docs are hard to read. Therefore I plan to write some docs for regular people. Next week I will have a 30 page e-book about TYPO3 installation and upgrade. Next I will have e-books on RealURL, etc. I will add this localization stuff to my list :)

As far as I remember there are two models:
- "l" changes and "v" stays "vDEF"
- "l" stays "lDEF" and "v" changes

The first shows completely separate flexforms in BE. The second shows translation values for all languages in the same larger flexform.

I like neither but this is what we have in TYPO3. Usually the first model is the default one. I have no idea why Kasper had to make it so complex :( I would just keep all translated data in the same way as other fields translated. We could avoid this "l" and "v" confusion and simpify things greatly...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team