[TYPO3-project-4-3] Question concerning MVC integration and compatibility to Typo3 5.0

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon Mar 23 23:30:50 CET 2009

Hi Sven,

> It's said to ease the migration from typo3 4.x to typo3 5. I read that a
> migration will only require minor tweaks to extensions build on this MVC
> framework.
>
> I've been searching for more details on this topic. However I can't seem
> to find something fitting, which also maybe due to the state of flow3,
> typo5 and 4.x.
>
> Does someone maybe have more information on migration from 4.x to the
> future typo3 5?

I fear there is not (yet) such known manual.

You may either:

- Use 4.3 MVC and migrate to 5.0 once it's possible (aka available)

or

- Have a look at extension gimmefive
(http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-gimmefive)

or

- Use full-fledge FLOW3 integrated with your 4.x extension if you have
PHP 5.3 on your server (which is not very likely but who knows). There
is already a topic somewhere in this list or in the 5.0 general list
about this very topic.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers