[TYPO3-project-4-3] Trying out feeditadvanced

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Mon Jun 15 22:32:13 CEST 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to give the new FE editing a spin for a presentation I'm
> doing about the new features of upcoming 4.3. I installed feeditadvanced
> and got "Template not found" errors on all my pages. What did go wrong?
>
> Things I did and which may not be good:
>
> 1) so as not to mess up my local trunk copy, I checked out
> feeditadvanced in typo3conf/ext instead of typo3/sysext. Can that cause
> problems?
>
> 2) my test site runs TemplaVoilà. Is that still an issue?
>
> Cheers

Hi Francois,

I'm currently not shure what might be your problem.

About point 2,
Steffen K. and Jeff are currently XClassing TemplaVoila until the needed
change is introduced there. SInce  I never used it, I cannot tell about.

About point 1,
i recently checked the hardcoded template paths... It uses
t3lib_extMgm::siteRelPath so it should not be ab problem.
If you may ensure that set in PageTS

FeEdit.skin.templateFile = typo3conf/ext/feeditadvanced/res/feedit.tmpl

Additionally I would rather like you to use Revision 788 instead of 789.
Before 789 you aren't enabled to disable feediting, afterwards you are
able to enable it, but it only works as long es AdminPanel is folded out.

Additionally since Rev 789 you have to set
admPanel.override.edit.displayIcons = 1

manually to get it working

Furthermore we encountered an bug in PHP's json_encode somewhere between
5.2.6 and 5.2.9 which breaks the AJAX calls of TYPO3 in JSON.

If you cannot get it to work by these hints, feel free to contact some
of us. We would like to get to know about the problems people might have.

For TemplaVoila specific editing Stuff you rather contact Steffen or
Jeff, since they build it.

regards

Steffen