[TYPO3-project-4-3] Trying out feeditadvanced

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Jun 15 22:37:28 CEST 2009

Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to give the new FE editing a spin for a presentation I'm
> doing about the new features of upcoming 4.3. I installed feeditadvanced
> and got "Template not found" errors on all my pages. What did go wrong?

Thanks for testing...even if you weren't able to make it too far before
the errors found you ;)

Just to be clear, do the template errors appear as soon as
feeditadvanced is installed and go away as soon as its uninstalled?
Does feedit exhibit any similar issue?

> Things I did and which may not be good:
>
> 1) so as not to mess up my local trunk copy, I checked out
> feeditadvanced in typo3conf/ext instead of typo3/sysext. Can that cause
> problems?

There are some issues CSS background image paths when its a local
extension, but it shouldn't cause anything as severe as what you saw.

> 2) my test site runs TemplaVoilà. Is that still an issue?

Should be fine too (and improved over the old frontend editing).

Thanks,
Jeff