[TYPO3-project-4-3] Variation for TypoScript "if"

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Jun 11 17:42:26 CEST 2009

> I tried to enhance the syntax with formal logic in mind and didn't
> think about a natural language approach.

And exactly this is the reason why your approach will work for people with a
mathematical background only.
TypoScript has been created for "Integrators", not programmers.

So why not use a "natural language" approach, that can be understood by both
programmers _and_ non programmers?

AFAIK this is one of the concepts for FLOW3 as well: Using proper and human
readable naming for objects, functions, methods and variables to help even
non programmers to understand what's going on _and_ make the life of
experienced programmers easier.

So if we could get cookie and chocolate, why should we take just the cookie?

Another 2 cents (getting closer and closer :-) )

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de