[TYPO3-project-4-3] Variation for TypoScript "if"

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jun 11 17:27:10 CEST 2009

Tyler Kraft schrieb:
> No offence, but this looks confusing to me! And from what I can tell it
> also relies upon the user having programming knowledge, which not all of
> us have.

Just to get it right. You do not understand this expression?

if = ( $a AND $b ) OR ( $c and $d )

Also no offence meant. This one is obvious for all programmers and those
who know/remember a bit about formal logic from school.

If this is so, then maybe we have to target for to groups of users.
Those trained in formal logic (ie programmers) and those that are not.

I tried to enhance the syntax with formal logic in mind and didn't think
about a natural language approach.

Masi