[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 16:51:14 CEST 2009

Hi!

Rupert Germann wrote:
> both are lacking a kind of categorized overview which could look similar to
> the screenshot posted by steffen.
>
> what do you think about this?

In my opinion we should not look at screenshots and make the same or similar. Instead we should think how it should look like for a user and code a prototype in HTML/CSS/JS without any thoughts about server API. Only this way will create a Backend that is user–friendly and free from the TYPO3 API limitations. When there is a client part, server part can be adjusted.

So far the work for the client part followed the server part. It should be the other way round. The reason for the previous behaviour is quite simple: most coders are are PHP coders, not client–side coders. Naturally they do PHP stuff first and than make some [ugly] UI for the [brilliant] PHP part.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In the TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/macintosh-vs-hackintosh.html