[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Stephan Petzl spetzl at gmx.at
Wed Jun 3 14:55:33 CEST 2009

Franz Koch schrieb:
> as long as developers with longtime experience of TYPO3 decide how the
> backend should look like, it will always fail usability. The concept for
> how the backend has to work has to be defined in "domains" - just like
> in DDD. The designer of the BE MUST not think in functions that get
> triggered in the background (we have this function so we have to use it
> somehow). You have to think what the editor is in need of at this point
> and not what is already available in the code or how it is right now.

I think so too. And exactly because no one knows which roles and domains
there will be exactly, i think its a good idea to let the administrator
deside what should be displayed on the start screen. with a configurable
widgetpage the admin could create a role specific interface within a few
minutes.
And IMO a new, configurable listview would be the most important widget
(then you could create e.g. a view with all tickets with assigned state
"critical" or something like that, or enable the user to create blog
entries with just 2 clicks)

For me the next important step towards a better interface would be to
create a configurable listview.

--
Best Regards
Stephan Petzl