[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Wed Jun 3 13:58:23 CEST 2009

Am 03.06.2009, 12:14 Uhr, schrieb Franz Koch
<typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de>:

> As I mentioned - I think it's important to _first do the design_ and
> usability stuff and then start coding. Otherwise you'll always stick to
> the provided features and will never go new and better ways in the UI
> design. You really have to ignore all technical stuff - editors don't
> care which nice effects ExtJS has, so you also shouldn't think in this
> scopes. I know it's hard for a dev (even a coding designer like me) to
> completely ignore all the technical background - but I see no other way
> for TYPO3 to make a big step forward in this point. I'd even go as far
> and say completely ignore/drop the existing BE concept and come up with
> fresh new ideas. After that you still have the possibility to pick out
> the best parts and merge them into the existing BE or build up a
> completely new BE.

fully agree

> As this in my eyes is quite a major task, I'd suggest that the
> association should co-found this and maybe even hire some UI experts for
> that.

nice idea, but then it most be developped for the needs of Typo3 v5
(OK it should be done without any thoughts of the underlaying architecture)

> yep - but it's not as easy as it sounds.

We will proberly have to make some surveys in order to learn what editors
do need and about what they just dont care.

--
I never knew how good Opera is as a newsreader! Try it!
(used Thunderbird and Evolution before)