[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Wed Jun 3 11:50:10 CEST 2009

Hey,

this all leads back to something we already have: The Task Center.

If we rewrite the whole task center and make it VERY easy for admins to
add totally individual tasks, and not just the 3 types we have right
now, then we could show them up on the start up page.

Once this work under the hood is done (the structure of these tasks,
rights management of the tasks), we can think of how to visualize that
(in form of the existing task center, or of a dashboard with widgets).

BTW: For these tasks, I could think of a wizard (multiple steps) kind of
task approach. Ext JS has some nice visual Components for that.

Examples for tasks:

== Edit content on a page
   Step 1: Pagetree - select a page you want to edit
   Step 2: Show the page module

== Add / Edit a news record
   Step 1: Pagelist - Show all pages with newsrecords on it or that are
marked as "contains news plugin"
   Step 2: Show the news items of this page, maybe in the list view with
a "+" icon for a new record
   Step 3: Edit the

== Send a direct mail message
   (already has this kind of wizard to guide through the steps)

Well, this discussion has been brought up so many times, it's just a
matter of somebody thinking through the processes and then we have a
full concept we all can develop.

All the best,
Benni.