[TYPO3-project-4-3] New Backend?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jun 2 09:46:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

i got a message from an agency i work for, that they loose clients for
TYPO3 because of our competitors in market with other CMS. Reason is not
how they work under the hood, main reason is the look of BE.

One mainpoint is the starting screen in BE. In TYPO3 the start looks bit
"old fashioned" and user feels alone with starting jobs.

I know we are one of the best CMS, but the look TYPO3 sells at less than
fair value.

The screenshot i attached is the starting screen from Joomla, and as
much i dislike the CMS i have to admit that the start screen looks a way
better. Even if i start my IDE i get a start screen like this.

So i think we should work on this for 4.4. Remember that start screen is
the first people see when they come to TYPO3

vg Steffen