[TYPO3-project-4-3] What is missing?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jan 13 12:41:38 CET 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> * what's with MySQL in strict mode ?
>
> I tried to get this working, but I requires many changes :(
>
> Did it up in the Core list. I think I made one patch and suggested other
> changes. It got stuck because I disagreed with Dmitry and no other
> developer was interested at all.

Did we disagree??? Wow. I do not remember. What was the problem there?

I thought we should now have everything ready for strict mode. At least all texts and blobs do not have "default" or "not null".

>> * what's with DBal? (looking to the code i doubt it will work correct)
>
> Right. It's broken again (at least one of the caching framework backends
> won't work)

Funny :( Can you make a bug report? If Ingo does not fix it, I may have a look.

>> * list view - the sponsored project is postponed, but there are a lot of
>> issues that could be solved
>
> Har har. The list module is ... You really think one can do something
> with the *current* code?

It should be completely new, the old one should be discarded. But I do not understand what is so difficult there? Is it postponed only because of sponsoring? The whole module should be quite easy to implement using ExtJS grids and tabs for tables. I'd say it is a work for a week or so.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.