[TYPO3-project-4-3] What is missing?

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Jan 13 14:43:24 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>> * what's with MySQL in strict mode ?
>> I tried to get this working, but I requires many changes :(
>>
>> Did it up in the Core list. I think I made one patch and suggested other
>> changes. It got stuck because I disagreed with Dmitry and no other
>> developer was interested at all.
>
> Did we disagree??? Wow. I do not remember. What was the problem there?

I think it was about field definitions for certain TCA types. For
relations it can be VARCHAR or INT. Unfortunately this made troubles in
strict mode. I wanted to enforce INT, but you had arguments against it.

> I thought we should now have everything ready for strict mode. At least all texts and blobs do not have "default" or "not null".

Trust me, it's not enough. You cannot even log into the BE :)

>>> * what's with DBal? (looking to the code i doubt it will work correct)
>> Right. It's broken again (at least one of the caching framework backends
>> won't work)
>
> Funny :( Can you make a bug report? If Ingo does not fix it, I may have a look.

Easy fix, simply change "TRUNCATE table" with "DELETE FROM table".

Masi