[TYPO3-project-4-3] Ext.Core in TYPO3 4.3?

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Apr 17 20:12:25 CEST 2009

Hi benni,

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey all,
>
> I don't know if you follow other open source communities, but extJS just
> released Ext.Core (beta) and ExtJS 3.0 (RC) which go very nicely hand in
> hand. I think these two would be great to add to TYPO3 and I also think
> we should make it so they go into 4.3.
>
> The cool thing about ExtCore is that we get extra features that are not
> widgets (we have with ExtJS), but like these visual helpers (like the
> lightbox or non-styled tabs) that are not included with prototype or
> scriptaculous. It has a very light footprint (25k) and is of couse
> namespaced (so no conflict).
>
> Before we give all devs the possibility with 2.2, let's up it to 3.0 and
> then if 3.0 will be released after our TYPO3 4.3, we can just up it in a
> minor version update. What do you think?
>
> All the best,
> Benni.

it seems you looked at extCore3 :-)
As Dmitry pointet out, it's included in ext-all. Lightbox and some other
features seems to be new in version 3, which should be available in
extJS3 also. As this is brand new, i would wait a bit (version 3 is
still rc). The extCore is kind of extraction of ext-all for lightwave
usage in FE, maybe we could add it later too (compressed version).

vg Steffen