[TYPO3-project-4-3] Ext.Core in TYPO3 4.3?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:33:34 CEST 2009

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Before we give all devs the possibility with 2.2, let's up it to 3.0 and
> then if 3.0 will be released after our TYPO3 4.3, we can just up it in a
> minor version update. What do you think?

I would not do it right now. ExtJS is a complex thing. Sometimes people discover that a new release has some bugs that can be reproduced in specific situations. One example is combobox bug in ExtJS 2.2.1 in MSIE. If such bug is found, it is usually major. ExtJS has a very good QA but they still have such bugs sometimes. Upgrading right now will be risky.

I would play with 3.0 locally but not put it in trunk right now. It definitely should be in 4.3 final but it should go to trunk later I think.

Just my 2c. If you do development based on 3.0, it would be good to have it in trunk of course. If you do not require 3.0, it is better to wait.

No objections about 3.0, just caution :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
In TYPO3 blog: http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/was-your-e-mail-to-typo3org-rejected.html