[TYPO3-project-4-3] File references, Multimedia

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Apr 1 19:10:56 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

>> I would mark the multimedia CE as deprecated and recommend the use of
>> DAM for installations that require multimedia features.
>>

> sry, but i disagree. I don't see a reason for installing DAM only to
> present a flash video on a website. But for sure i see the need that DAM
> support it as well. Why not share code instead of double coding? The
> outputting in FE of the video could go with core function, the reference
> to media could be handled in DAM.

Fine. But then, I think the so-called Multimedia CE is obsolete in other
ways. I do not understand why it does not support still images as they
are just a simpler type of media. It should replace/extend the Image CE.
It should allow to include multiple media. It should be combined with
text in a "Text with media" CE. Rendering should be CSS styled.

Kind regards,
Stan