[TYPO3-project-4-3] Question concerning MVC integration and compatibility to Typo3 5.0

Jochen Rau j.rau at web.de
Wed Apr 1 09:43:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> It's said to ease the migration from typo3 4.x to typo3 5. I read that
>> a migration will only require minor tweaks to extensions build on this
>> MVC framework.
>>
>> I've been searching for more details on this topic. However I can't
>> seem to find something fitting, which also maybe due to the state of
>> flow3, typo5 and 4.x.
>>
>> Does someone maybe have more information on migration from 4.x to the
>> future typo3 5?
>
> I fear there is not (yet) such known manual.
>
> You may either:
>
> - Use 4.3 MVC and migrate to 5.0 once it's possible (aka available)

I recommend this way.

> or
>
> - Have a look at extension gimmefive
> (http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-gimmefive)

Gimmefive was my first experiment to back-port some features of FLOW3.
It includes mainly the Dependency Injection (only constructor) and the
Component Manager (which is now called Object Manager). The extension
works (see mailformplusplus for an example), but is a little bit
outdated and becomes obsolete at time v4.3 including ext_base and fluid
is shipped.

> or
>
> - Use full-fledge FLOW3 integrated with your 4.x extension if you have
> PHP 5.3 on your server (which is not very likely but who knows). There
> is already a topic somewhere in this list or in the 5.0 general list
> about this very topic.

I think this addresses my second attempt connection v4 and v5. The
extension is called the bridge (on forge) and uses FLOW3 to render v4
extension content. I don't recommend to use this extension. I is too
experimental.

Regards
Jochen