[TYPO3-project-4-3] Improving the language overlay performance

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Sep 17 12:06:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

> But this is exactly about language overlay. My point was that you're
> fussing with overlays on workspaces where performance is not an issue.
> The only optimizing in my opinion should be done for the live WS. And
> there you can (my thesis) fetch all records in one go.

Huh? I'm not handling workspaces... Actually I copied the original code
from t3lib_page::getRecordOverlay(), but I didn't keep the part where it
does version overlay:

$this->versionOL($table,$olrow);

>  In this case I'm not sure IF and
>> CASE statements can be enough, since there are quite some TCA parameters
>> than enter the picture when handling translations.

I'm not really familiar with these constructs, but I'll take a look. It
may be interesting to see which is best performance-wise (doing things
MySQL-side or PHP-side).

> I thougt about that quite some time ago. I didn't really do it, but
> AFAIR I didn't find an obstacle at first glance.

Even with parameters such as mergeIfNotBlank?

Cheers

--

Francois Suter