[TYPO3-project-4-3] Improving the language overlay performance

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Wed Sep 17 12:34:14 CEST 2008

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> But this is exactly about language overlay. My point was that you're
>> fussing with overlays on workspaces where performance is not an issue.
>> The only optimizing in my opinion should be done for the live WS. And
>> there you can (my thesis) fetch all records in one go.
>
> Huh? I'm not handling workspaces... Actually I copied the original code
> from t3lib_page::getRecordOverlay(), but I didn't keep the part where it
> does version overlay:

I didn't look at your code, but you said something about "exact matches
because of version" so I thought you did some extra processing for WS.

>> I thougt about that quite some time ago. I didn't really do it, but
>> AFAIR I didn't find an obstacle at first glance.
>
> Even with parameters such as mergeIfNotBlank?

Something like that:

to = origibal language
tt = translation

IF(to.col='',tt.col,to.col) AS col

But that is Mysql specific. Should be done with CASE in real life for
DBAL compliancy.

Masi