[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 15:42:32 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Müller wrote:
> But I remember so much troubles with IM 5.x distro versions in the past.
> I guess a lot of people still use a 4.x package/tarball, because
> whenever there were IM related probs some time ago, the recommendation
> in the ML was: use a 4.x version or switch to GM.
> Additionally, IM binaries need open basedir installation in some
> safemode environments. I am afraid that few people care about
> upgrading/updating and still use 4.x binaries.

The question is: do you think we should ~recommend~ people install
ImageMagick version 4.29 in our INSTALL.txt?

If the answer is "no", we have nothing to argue about :) Right now
INSTALL.txt ~recommends~ version 6, which is the current stable
version. We do not ~require~ it, we ~recommend~ it. I am sure no one
would want to ~recommend~ such an old version as 4.29 :) But people
are free to use 4.29 if they want. No problems at all! It is just
not a point for INSTALL.txt.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support