[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Nov 6 18:50:02 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

> The question is: do you think we should ~recommend~ people install
> ImageMagick version 4.29 in our INSTALL.txt?

No!

> If the answer is "no", we have nothing to argue about :) Right now
> INSTALL.txt ~recommends~ version 6, which is the current stable
> version. We do not ~require~ it, we ~recommend~ it. I am sure no one
> would want to ~recommend~ such an old version as 4.29 :) But people
> are free to use 4.29 if they want. No problems at all! It is just
> not a point for INSTALL.txt.

A long time ago I changed all places where IM was recommended and
replaced it with GraphicsMagick. So currently I would say we should
always focus on recommending GM and offer IM6 only as a fallback.

IM4 may still be supported, but for security reasons that should not be
mentioned at all!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out