[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Thu Nov 6 15:05:58 CET 2008

Hi.

On 06.11.2008 13:07 Martin Kutschker wrote:
> You still save your copy of 4.2.9? For convenience I use the versions
> that comes with the distro. Or are there still Debian packages around
> for that version?

So far, Etch is the only stable Debian Distro, which ships IM 6.x. No 4.x.

But I remember so much troubles with IM 5.x distro versions in the past.
I guess a lot of people still use a 4.x package/tarball, because
whenever there were IM related probs some time ago, the recommendation
in the ML was: use a 4.x version or switch to GM.
Additionally, IM binaries need open basedir installation in some
safemode environments. I am afraid that few people care about
upgrading/updating and still use 4.x binaries.

IM is a good example about what could happen if you don't care enough
about the holy cow ;-)

--
cheers,
Steffen