[TYPO3-project-4-3] INSTALL.txt

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Nov 6 13:07:50 CET 2008

bernd wilke schrieb:
> Am Thu, 06 Nov 2008 10:07:38 +0200 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
>
>> The following configuration is recommended:
>> - Apache 2.x
>> - mod_expires and mod_rewrite enabled in Apache configuration
>> - PHP 5.2.0 or newer with GD and cURL extensions
>> - memory_limit set to 128M in php.ini
>> - MySQL 4.1 or newer
>> - ImageMagick 6
>> - 200 or more MB of disk space
>> - AllowOverride in Apache configuration at least to allow "Indexes"
>
> As there are different versions of ImageMagick, where webmasters think
> differently about security-holes, maybe a more detailed description will
> be helpful as TYPO3 works with IM 4.2.9 till 6 and also GM.

This is a list of recommendations, not requirements.

> my private opinion: with GM or IM 4.2.9 I had the least trouble getting a
> clean installation.

You still save your copy of 4.2.9? For convenience I use the versions
that comes with the distro. Or are there still Debian packages around
for that version?

Because I would have suggested to remove support for older ImageMagick
versions. So we can remove many of the oddities of the config variables
and hoops in the code that ae necessary only because of the various
changes of ImageMagick.

Masi