[TYPO3-project-4-3] MVC for 4.3?

Daniel Pšötzinger nospam at nospam.de
Fri Jun 27 21:08:11 CEST 2008

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi Christopher,
>
> Christoph Koehler wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Since gimme-five is supposed to bring FLOW3 to v4, and FLOW3 is the
>> future, shouldn't we concentrate on getting that out the door and
>> usable instead of inventing another MVC mechanism?
>
> I have just spoken to Oliver Hader about it, and we both belive this is
> the way to go. The challenges will be to make it practically usable as
> well as getting the performance at par with the other solutions.
>
> cheers
> Ingmar

So is your plan really to use FLOW3 classes in 4.x? Or is the idea to
use some of the concepts of 5? (I would prefer that - but not with all
the nice stuff like dependency injection - but only a very smart/small
MVC basis)

I think in practise I would never use FLOW3 under 4.x for real projects
because:
* afraid of performance (i mean we need 4.x + some adapted part of 5
bootstrap)
* sounds like a workaround and is not included in 4.x
* hard to keep sync with all the refactoring in 5.0

Greetings