[TYPO3-project-4-3] TYPO3 4.3 status report 27/2008

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jul 10 09:46:50 CEST 2008

Hey,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Do you really see it as a major benefit? :) Browsers simply use default
> OS "file open" window.
- no comment - ;-)

> And do you say that you will not use PHP on the server side to receive
> files? What is it going to be? If it is still PHP, max_upload_size stays
> for POSTing files. And PUT is often disallowed for PHP (security
> reasons). Check these issues because you may run into them after
> releasing your code.
Sure; of course -- will do.

>> Guys, I can also release it as a TER extension, but I don't see the
>> reason why, just for the sake of arguing about cool features that
>> TYPO3 could have built-in ? ;-)
>
> No need as TER ext but sysext will be great. People must be able to
> switch it off because many client environments do not allow flash for
> security reasons. This is especially important for some large companies
> I worked in or with.
Exactly. But again: The SWFupload software automatically detects if
flash is available, if not, it degrades to AJAX / JS.

> I'd prefer if you stop making false accusations. We are not making
> enemies here. Everyone has rights to discuss features and say personal
> "like" or "don't like". And no one has rights to disallow this.
Yes. It's just discouraging to others when phrases like "Why do we need
...?" are coming as the first thing from other team members. That's what
I meant here.

--
greetings,
benni.