[TYPO3-install] Fresh Install --> File permission error when adding new page content

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Thu May 28 01:07:06 CEST 2009

Hi Chris,

it was nothing but a try...
no with user I mean the user who runs the webserver (usally somthing like
www-data:www-data [user:group])
If you modify files, you might have overridden those user:group settings.

I once massed up my local server because I overrided all user and group
settings with root :/

Is far as I understand the error message, the php parser cant write the
(temp?) file.
IMO there are just four reasons:
* permissions (777)
* user:group settings (if 777 doesnt matter)
* free disk space
* or you ran in some kind of quota (it means no space again)

I cant come up with more ideas

Hope I could solve you or at least dismiss some errors

Cheers
Phil

--
I never knew how good Opera is as a newsreader! Try it!
(used Thunderbird and Evolution before)