[TYPO3-install] Fresh Install --> File permission error when adding new page content

Chris Jensen chris.jensen at usask.ca
Wed May 27 21:35:40 CEST 2009

Philipp Gampe wrote:
  > Hi,
>
> as far as I know you can use safemode with Typo3
>
> * Check filesystems again (755 should be fine too)
> * the owner should be the same user as the web server runs
> * ask your Hoster for the error logs, the might contain a hind
> * also, you can turn on error messages in Typo3 Install Tool (somewhere
> under all configuration)
> * are you sure you have space left (webspace/harddisk)
>
> Hope I could give you some hints
> Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. Rechecking the file permissions, it seems that
everything has been chmodded correctly and that there is sufficient
space left on the server. When you say that "the owner should be the
same user as the web server runs," do you mean that it should be the
same as my administrator name on the Typo3 site? My database username?
Since I'm logging in remotely, what would the server consider my user
name to be?

Thanks for any advice,
-chris