[TYPO3-install] Fresh Install --> File permission error when adding new page content

Philipp Gampe phil at philippgampe.info
Wed May 27 17:07:53 CEST 2009

Am 27.05.2009, 04:20 Uhr, schrieb Chris Jensen <chris.jensen at usask.ca>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a Typo3 newbee and have just installed the base typo3 package on my
> server. The frontend and backend tools both seem to be working and there
> are no critical errors displayed in the Install Tool (under "Basic
> Configuration").
>
> I can add new pages (via the backend tool), but when I try to add new
> page content, I get the following error message: "File not written to
> disk! Write permission error in filesystem?"
>
> The problem is that the file permissions on the typo3conf, typo3temp,
> fileadmin and uploads directories are already set to 777.
>
> After checking through the forums and documentation, it seems that the
> problem might be that PHP is in safemode. If that's the issue, who needs
> to be set as the owner of these files/directories to make them writable?
> Is there any way to make safemode work or do I need to talk my ISP into
> turning it off?
>
> I'd appreciate any insight... I'm looking forward to learning more about
> Typo3, but this issue is presenting kind of a bottleneck.
>
> Thanks,
> -chris

Hi,

as far as I know you can use safemode with Typo3

* Check filesystems again (755 should be fine too)
* the owner should be the same user as the web server runs
* ask your Hoster for the error logs, the might contain a hind
* also, you can turn on error messages in Typo3 Install Tool (somewhere
under all configuration)
* are you sure you have space left (webspace/harddisk)

Hope I could give you some hints
Phil