[Typo3-install] quickstart - 500 Server Error - Premature end of script headers

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 09:55:39 CEST 2005

> Also, that would be a lot of time to invest if I discover I cannot even
> get the thing to work properly on my hosting provider.

It seems to me that TYPO3 is running fine on your host already - All you
want to do is have a play with Quickstart.

All Quickstart is, is a populated database of pages and content and possibly
a few extensions.

My advice. Don't mess up a clean working version of TYPO3 with all this
extra learning stuff only to have to clean it out again afterwards. You can
get the idea of Quickstart just by reading the examples illustrated in the
documentation.

I would just get right on with starting to build your new website with it in
the dummy installation. Dummy does not mean temporary or not real, it
actually means empty clean and ready to build a fresh site with.

If you are still keen for Quickstart and you have the webspace, follow the
instructions to install the Quickstart .zip version. When I used to use it,
it worked right out of the box every time. It means it will install cleanly
alongside your current live working dummy package. Just remember to install
it into say /quickstart leaving your current /typo3 for the real website.

HTH
Matthew