[Typo3-install] quickstart - 500 Server Error - Premature end of script headers

Vincent newsposting1 at crel.us
Sun Sep 11 19:59:47 CEST 2005

Matthew Manderson wrote:

>> I get the error
>> Premature end of script headers:
>> /home/myid/public_html/typo3/quickstart/index.php
> It is possible it is an error in the download / upload. Do you have shell
> access to 'md5sum' the file to check integrity?
> Another option is to ask your web host to 'wget' or similar the file and
> unpack it for you.
>
> I would want to start by checking this first.

Yes I have shell access. here is the checksum of the quickstart package
I downloaded.

807678142 794648 quickstart-3.8.0.tar.gz
or the md5 sum
502f531b6077ea685af0715b996e554e  quickstart-3.8.0.tar.gz

I don't see either one in the docs or on the web site for the original, so
I have nothing to compare it with, but there were no errors in unpacking the
tar file so I doubt that is the problem,

>> Is there any way I can install the quickstart package to an
>> already working typo3 installation with the DB already setup?
> I am not sure I understand you here, but, you can download the WAMP and
> run TYPO3/Quickstart on your local PC - Highly reccommended.
>
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/WAMP/
>
> HTH
> Matthew

I'm running on NetBSD.  I could try installing it on my local machine, but
I would have to install and configure the web server, PHP, and install all
related dependencies for typo3, which I was trying to avoid since I have
a working installation of TYPO3 on my web host.  Also, if I have problems on my
local machine, I will have multiple unknowns such as, did I configure the web
server and PHP correctly?.

Also, that would be a lot of time to invest if I discover I cannot even get the
thing to work properly on my hosting provider.

Vincent