[Typo3-install] TemplaVoila and DirectMail

Sacha Vorbeck info at unlimited-vision.net
Wed Nov 23 18:20:37 CET 2005

Hi,

The Kidd wrote:
^^^^^^^^

if you`d use your real name and post this question to typo3.english, the
chance of getting some answers is much higher.

Me too: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1912

> It started with CSS
> files not being included in the direct mails. I fixed this by adding the CSS
> directly into the source of the templa newsletter template.

I placed the newsletters into a seperate page tree and added another TS
template for this tree. In the root-folder of this tree I included a
special newsletter TO and inherited to the subpages. In the template I
include the CSS files via page.headerData

headerData.5 = COA
headerData.5 {
  40 = TEXT
  40.value (
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen,projection"
href="http://domain.tld/fileadmin/agency/sitename/template/css/news.css" />
  )
}

> template? Or is there a way to ensure the original CSS can be delivered to
> the email client and work (from what I've experienced, the css <link> tag in
> the original template -for the site- does not load over the web in the
> newsletter template.

if you don`t want to link to an external stylesheet, you could also
include the inline styles with page.headerData.

--
hth,
Sacha