[Typo3-install] TemplaVoila and DirectMail

The Kidd typo3-list at sohologics.com
Tue Nov 15 10:55:05 CET 2005

Dear listers,

I have been running Typo3 with TemplaVoila for a few months now and have
decided to start a newsletter. I went with DirectMail after reading that it
worked with TemplaVoila but am having some problems. It started with CSS
files not being included in the direct mails. I fixed this by adding the CSS
directly into the source of the templa newsletter template. The problem I
seem to be having now though is that TemplaVoila is editing the CSS in the
html template. When it does this, it replaced image locations with the
regular TemplaVoila locations. Here are some examples:

- Original CSS Snippet - This is used in a css file on the site template of
the actual website called by a <link> tag in the template HTML which
TemplaVoila picks up for the site.

stylesheet.css:
#pageHeader h1
    {
    background: transparent url(../images/nl-logo.jpg) no-repeat top left;
    margin-top: 10px;
    width: 175px;
    height: 53px;
    float: left;
    }

- HTML Template Source - This was added using a <script> css tag in the
newsletter HTML template. Converted because CSS file was not being loaded in
newsletter email.

  /*<![CDATA[*/
 <!--
#pageHeader h1
    {
    background: transparent url(images/nl-logo.jpg) no-repeat top left;
    margin-top: 10px;
    width: 175px;
    height: 53px;
    float: left;
    }
 -->
/*]]>*/

- Newsletter Template Source - This is what is rendered in my email client
when an HTML newsletter is sent over. This is part of the <script> css tag
in the newsletter template of TemplaVoila.

  /*<![CDATA[*/
 <!--
#pageHeader h1
    {
    background: transparent
url(fileadmin/templates/newsletter/images/nl-logo.jpg) no-repeat top left;
    margin-top: 10px;
    width: 175px;
    height: 53px;
    float: left;
    }
 -->
/*]]>*/

As you can see, TemplaVoila does an excellent job. It adds
'fileadmin/templates/newsletter/' to the css <script> of the newsletter
template. Here is the problem. The email client doesn't have the domain
before the location to find the image. Is there a way to tell TemplaVoila to
add the domain before the image location for - just - the newsletter
template? Or is there a way to ensure the original CSS can be delivered to
the email client and work (from what I've experienced, the css <link> tag in
the original template -for the site- does not load over the web in the
newsletter template.

Typo3 Version: 3.8.1
TemplaVoila Version: 0.4.0
DirectMail Version: 1.0.8
Templates via TemplaVoila used by DirectMail

Any help is appreciated. This stuff is exciting but I can get stuck on some
things. Thanks in advance.

Any questions? Please feel free to e-mail me for more info.

Sincerely,

TheKidd