[Typo3-install] Disappearing files in uncompress

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Tue Nov 29 18:35:19 CET 2005

I am trying to download and unpack the dummy-3.8.1.zip package to my
webserver. However, when trying to run it I discovered that a lot of files
was missing. But when I do the same installation on my own PC (windows XP)
everything works excellent and all the files are in place.

In other words downloading, unpacking and installing works excellent when
doing it on my own PC, but when doing the same on the webhotel I am loosing
files.

I used "wget" command to bring the dummy-3.8.1.zip file to the webhotel. I
took a view what was in the file and everything seems to be there. However
when I use "Uncompress" a lots of files is disappearing. I am using a
webhotel running Free BSD (i386) 4.9. In the WebShell Filemanager (ver.
4.2.7) I was using the command "wget" and "uncompress".

Some says the problem has something with permissions to do, but why is some
files uncompressed correctly, while others just disappears. And the files
was in the same folder in the zip file.

Anyone who has any idea why files is disappearing, when uncompressing
dummy-3.8.1.zip ??

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson