[TYPO3-GSoC] Mentors and ideas for Google Summer of Code 2014

puja singh singh.puja92 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 13 04:11:14 CET 2014

Hi Philipp, Christian and everyone

> From: philipp.gampe at typo3.org
> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 17:53:39 +0100
> To: typo3-gsoc at lists.typo3.org
> Subject: Re: [TYPO3-GSoC] Mentors and ideas for Google Summer of Code 2014
>
> Hi Ben et al.,
>
> ben van 't ende wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Just to let you know we opened the search for ideas and mentors. Yesterday
> > we published the article on typo3.org:
> >
> > http://typo3.org/news/article/mentors-and-ideas-for-google-summer-of-code-2014/

I so wish I could be involved as a coder or a mentor, but sadly, I am too unfit for either. (Short of time for coding, lack of skills to be a mentor) , so am more of a volunteer, helping away students interested in TYPO3. :-) (I already have a bunch of students interested in TYPO3, say some 4 or 5.)

> What happened to the idea of an universal Flow installer (like the CMS
> install tool)?

Philipp, I remember discussing a similar proposal with the team the previous year, but they said it was kinda small project for a summer of code. So lets see if it can be made any bigger, big enough for a summer, and we all are aware of the great use it will be of.

> What has happened to last years projects. I followed them a bit, but did not
> hear much of them.
> I guess we can recycle some of the unpicked ideas from the last years.
>
> Best regards
> --
> Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key 0AD96065 – TYPO3 UG Bonn/Köln
> Documentation – Active contributor TYPO3 CMS
> TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!

Regards and Cheers
Puja Singh

Student Contract Developer - Google Summer of Code 2013
TYPO3 .... Inspiring people to share!