[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: Status Update: BuilderFoundation & TemplateBuilder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 18:46:13 CEST 2013

Update: 24 June 2013

✔ Studied stuff (below) looking for inspiration in creating a more concrete design for the Builder
- Studied various design patterns (Factory, Abstract Factory, Builder, Strategy)
- Revisted the option of using TypoScript (possibly to store some kind of builder steps) ( http://youtu.be/ZfRW9AuLarI http://bit.ly/14lmcoH )
- Reconsidered the architecture of TYPO3.Form, and found a helpful diagram ( http://bit.ly/14TgJYE )
✔ Broke project into a set of user-stories that are epic in size (currently on my whiteboard)
➜ Type up the epics I've come up with so far
☠ Having a hard time figuring out how to break some of the epics into more manageable sizes
➜ Begin looking at a Zurb Foundation to build a boilerplate package for it, and figure out what needs to be in a boilerplate package.

ⓘ Current plans and notes available (newest first):
- More notes on my whiteboard and in my notebook...
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Chart-Scope (Charts and what is in-scope for this GSoC here)
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Basics
- http://bit.ly/Design-T3BP
- http://bit.ly/FluidBPProposal
ⓘ I will be working in my namespace, Cognifire, until everything is ready to be pushed to git.typo3.org
ⓘ Follow my GSoC work on github:
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.BuilderFoundation
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.TemplateBuilder
ⓘ I'm using the name BuilderFoundation