[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: Status Update: BuilderFoundation & TemplateBuilder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 18:27:33 CEST 2013

Update: 28 June 2013

♫ The next version of composer/installers will have support for boilerplates (type: typo3-flow-boilerplate)
- https://github.com/composer/installers/pull/92

✔ Pushed a PR on composer/installers to add boilerplate support (merged see above)
✔ Made a chart in VUE of all the Zurb Foundation, Twitter Bootstrap, and HTML5 Boilerplate components.
✔ Backed away from the persistence layer I was working on (way too complex to start off with)
✔ New code skeleton in proof-of-concept branch
✔ Decided to use the term "Blob" to mean any file, stream, part of a file, part of a stream, or snippet of stuff that might get copied from boilerplate to derivative. This also suggests that a SourceTemplate is an HtmlBlob (with CssBlobs and ImageBlobs) which makes things feel conceptually consistent to me. The UI will probably call it a Source Template, while in the code, I'll be working with Blobs.
➜ Continue working out the process of copying a blob from a boilerplate to a derivative.

ⓘ Current plans and notes available (newest first):
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.BuilderFoundation/wiki/Epic-discovery (pictures of the stories on my whiteboard)
- More notes on my whiteboard and in my notebook...
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Chart-Scope (Charts and what is in-scope for this GSoC here)
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Basics
- http://bit.ly/Design-T3BP
- http://bit.ly/FluidBPProposal
ⓘ I will be working in my namespace, Cognifire, until everything is ready to be pushed to git.typo3.org
ⓘ Follow my GSoC work on github (working in the proof-of-concept branch for now)
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.BuilderFoundation
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.TemplateBuilder
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.EmptyBoilerplate
ⓘ I'm using the name BuilderFoundation