[TYPO3-GSoC] Re: Status Update: BuilderFoundation & TemplateBuilder

Jacob Floyd cognifloyd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 19:30:26 CEST 2013

Update: 20 June 2013
(I'm not sure where I got that yesterday was the 22nd. So, the last one should say 19 June, not 22 June.)

✔ Decided on a YAML file organization that seems to make sense to me:
- Resources/Private/Boilerplate.yaml
(to declare available components, versions, and other Boilerplate-Package specific metadata)
- Resources/Private/Derivative.yaml
(to declare which components/versions were used from which boilerplates and how they are put together)
- Settings/Presets.[BuilderSpecificName].[PresetName].yaml (for the options layer)
- for TemplateBuilder, the BuilderSpecificName will be "Theme". PresetName is optional to break sets of options into separate files.
✔ Broke project into a set of user-stories that are epic in size (currently on my whiteboard)
➜ Post the epic user stories online (probably in github issues)
➜ Break my massive GSoC project epics into manageable stories/tasks

ⓘ Current plans and notes available (newest first):
- More notes on my whiteboard and in my notebook...
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Chart-Scope (Charts and what is in-scope for this GSoC here)
- http://bit.ly/CBP-Basics
- http://bit.ly/Design-T3BP
- http://bit.ly/FluidBPProposal
ⓘ I will be working in my namespace, Cognifire, until everything is ready to be pushed to git.typo3.org
ⓘ Follow my GSoC work on github:
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.BuilderFoundation
- https://github.com/cognifloyd/Cognifire.TemplateBuilder
ⓘ I'm using the name BuilderFoundation