[TYPO3-english] Upgrade TYPO3 4.2.2 to latest 7.6.4

Peter Kühnlein peter at function2form.net
Fri Mar 11 07:28:24 CET 2016

Am 11.03.2016 um 01:59 schrieb Ankur Nikam:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> One of my friend needs my help to upgrade his website developed in Typo3
> version 4.2.2 to the latest version Typo3 version 7.6.4
>
> I know its very difficult to directly upgrade way too older version
> 4.2.2 to the latest one. After reading several documentation, I found,
>
> "It is highly recommended to upgrade to 6.2 LTS first and continue with
> a second upgrade to 7"
>
> "You must use TYPO3 4.5 or newer before you upgrade to TYPO3 6.2"
>
> But I couldn't find any link to upgrade version 4.2.2 to version 4.5.
>
> Does anyone have experience upgrading the version 4.2.2 to the latest
> one? Please provide me the brief steps to upgrade from version 4.2.2 to
> the latest version.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you.
>
> Regards,
> Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Upgrading to 4.5 shouldn't be that difficult.

You might want to make sure that all the extensions are of the latest
versions on the "old" installation first. Likewise, you might want to
make sure the reference index is up to date. Next, you might want to
convert the database to utf-8 already here - it's required in version 6
anyway, and probably not used in the "old" installation. Do that on a
copy of the database. Copy all the files from fileadmin and everything
uploaded from the "old" installation to the corresponding folders on the
"blank" system. Then install all the extensions in your 4.5 "blank"
system and make localconf.php point to the converted database. Make a
compare for the database. That probably should be it! (Hope I haven't
forgotten anything...)

Cheers,
Peter

--

http://function2form.net
http://peter-kuehnlein.net

"When I occasionally have dreams of dying in a battle or committing
seppuku, if I brace myself with courage, my frame of mind within the
dream gradually changes."
(Hagakure)

Latest projects
http://mein-bobber.de