[TYPO3-english] Upgrade TYPO3 4.2.2 to latest 7.6.4

Ankur Nikam pradnyankur625 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 01:59:02 CET 2016

Hello Everyone,

One of my friend needs my help to upgrade his website developed in Typo3 version 4.2.2 to the latest version Typo3 version 7.6.4

I know its very difficult to directly upgrade way too older version 4.2.2 to the latest one. After reading several documentation, I found,

"It is highly recommended to upgrade to 6.2 LTS first and continue with a second upgrade to 7"

"You must use TYPO3 4.5 or newer before you upgrade to TYPO3 6.2"

But I couldn't find any link to upgrade version 4.2.2 to version 4.5.

Does anyone have experience upgrading the version 4.2.2 to the latest one? Please provide me the brief steps to upgrade from version 4.2.2 to the latest version.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Ankur