[TYPO3-english] Re: EXT:dce: experiences?

Urs Braem info at ursbraem.ch
Mon Oct 12 09:45:12 CEST 2015

Thanks Salvatore!

Yes, it looks and feels awesome, just what I was looking for.

> For now I prefer gridelements, it is as powerful as DCE but not that
user-friendly.

You mean you prefer *it to* gridelements, right?

Some of my open questions are regarding searchability (I use ke_search, which doesn't crawl the frontend, but works over the database), some features (like restricting available DCEs depending of colPos) or upgrade safety - to be sure to bet on it strategically.

What I've also been asking myself:

* Can you relate DCEs to each other, like in a "pseudo" mini-database (e.g. record labels, artists, records)? Probably that's not the use case of the extension, correct?  I noticed you can't create DCEs on sysfolders for starters.

* And last not least: Can I access Content from DCEs alll over the site freely via TS/fluid other being limited to the "detail view"? Example: You have a DCE for testimonials. Now in the footer of all pages, you want to display, say, 3 random names of testimonial authors. Easy? How? Are there more examples than in the docs somewhere?

Cheers!
urs