[TYPO3-english] Import-export of *.t3d

Christian Reiter cr at cNOSPAMxd.de
Fri May 15 12:26:31 CEST 2015

Hi Viktor,

 > When it comes to deploy, a person, which does it, must re-create same
 > pages, contents, records on a stage system..., which is a nightmare
 > for a human.

 > raw copy of files and MySQL tables is not a solution in our case,
 > I need to copy only one part of page-tree with almost all relations.

What you are doing sounds more like "content transfer/publishing" or
"content staging" of pages/page trees with their relations, instead of
export/import.

Are you also creating new pages on the production server you are
deploying to, or is it just used for content delivery?

If you are using the production server for delivery (apart from purely
FE-created content like forum posts, comments etc) then a solution would
be useful, where you can label some pages as "approved for production"
and then transfer them to the production server along with all
translations, FAL relations, files, IRRE records etc etc.
There are some extensions that will do that, I have been working with
such scenarios successfully for several years.

When it comes to T3D export/import my experiences have been negative.
I last tried it on 6.2 in March, the result was that FAL relations where
not properly imported, references from flexforms got lost and
localizations got scrambled, the result was unusable.

best regards,

Christian