[TYPO3-english] Re: Import-export of *.t3d

Viktor Livakivskyi invisible.kinder at gmail.com
Fri May 15 12:38:10 CEST 2015

Hi, Christian

> What you are doing sounds more like "content transfer/publishing" or
> "content staging" of pages/page trees with their relations, instead of
> export/import.
>
> Are you also creating new pages on the production server you are
> deploying to, or is it just used for content delivery?

Yes, pages are also created, if needed.
In a nutshell process is as follows:
1. Customer asks for a new functionality, which can be a part of existing pages/plugins or it can be some seaparte branch of a website.
2. Functionality is created on a dev system and is shown from time to time to the customder.
3. At the end it is deployed to staging system (code only, content is put by hand), where customer adjusts content to his needs.
4. As a last step deploy to a live system (code+content) is made

> If you are using the production server for delivery (apart from purely
> FE-created content like forum posts, comments etc) then a solution would
> be useful, where you can label some pages as "approved for production"
> and then transfer them to the production server along with all
> translations, FAL relations, files, IRRE records etc etc.
> There are some extensions that will do that, I have been working with
> such scenarios successfully for several years.

That would be perfect scenario. Can you recommend such a nextension? I can't find some in ER...

> When it comes to T3D export/import my experiences have been negative.
> I last tried it on 6.2 in March, the result was that FAL relations where
> not properly imported, references from flexforms got lost and
> localizations got scrambled, the result was unusable.

I've got same result, which ended up in this topic :)

Thank you.