[TYPO3-english] Re: (Web) - (Info) - (Site Crawler) will not load

Chris Crawford chris_crawford at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 21:46:05 CET 2015

I just found out that there is an incompatibility issue between Typo3 6.2.X and Crawler 3.5.0. I was able to solve the issue by downloading a 3.6.3 version of the Crawler extension from the git repository.

In my setup document that I'm creating for our team, I entered the following...

Install the 'Crawler' extension
The 'Crawler' extension (3.5.0) in the repository does not work with Typo3 6.2.X. Therefore, we need to download and install a newer version.

1) Download the latest stable zip of the 'Crawler' extension from GIT
- https://git.typo3.org/TYPO3CMS/Extensions/crawler.git

2) Unzip the file and rename the main folder 'crawler'

3) Copy the 'crawler' folder to /var/www/html/typo3conf/ext
- You will have to launch the file explorer as root
- sudo nautilus

4) Launch the extension manager. You should see the 'Site Crawler' extension.

5) Click the [+] icon to add the extension

Hopefully this will help someone else out. -chris