[TYPO3-english] View previously published version of page & content

Daniel Davis dan at danizen.net
Mon Jan 5 17:35:33 CET 2015

Are there any community/core extensions that allow users to view or "preview" a previously published version of a page.   It can be assumed that I mean only versions of this page/content originating from the current workspace.  My web editors and I are evaluating a number of different CMS systems - the leader of this evaluation writes:

Does Typo3 have a way to see a previous version of a file as TeamSite does?
    * http://www.typo3-websites.eu/fileadmin/dl/videos/videos_en/pages/pages_administration.htm explains how to use the History/Undo functionality starting at timestamp 5:44.
    * Creighton University Typo3 help - http://www.creighton.edu/doit/customersupport/cuwebdesign/typo3eomanual/typo3/interface/modules/web/list/theactioniconsinlist/displaychangehistory/
    * In our version of Typo3:
        + HELP section on the bottom right of the page
        + TYPO3 Manual
        + Click on the TYPO3 Core link at the top of the page.
        + Find (Control F) for "TYPO3 Core: History Summary"
        + The Visual preview has a slider and a way to compare the Live version to the most recently changed version the web editor has made, but it only compares the live version to the most recent change made by the editor.

Thanks,

P.S. Please also let me know if this question should better have gone to the Workspaces forum.   That forum may be primarily reserved for discussion of bugs/features/development of Workspaces.

--
Daniel Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems, National Library of Medicine, NIH