[TYPO3-english] Extracting Image/Document metadata

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Mon Jan 5 19:27:00 CET 2015

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Davis wrote:

> When a file is uploaded, is there any code in Typo3 or extensions known to
> the community to extract Image or Document meta-data for use in
> finding/selecting the file or reporting to the user?    jpeg/png may have
> dates, title, author, keyword.   PDFs and Office documents certainly have
> meta-data that can be extracted.

You can write own extractors and register them as part of the indexing.
See the extension metadata for details.

> I understand the FAL only very abstractly - it is an API layer
> facilitating storing files abstractly on the filesystem, in a database, or
> in a 3rd party DAM.   Less abstractly, which DAMs are well supported by
> community or core extensions?

The extension media is the successor of the DAM extensions should provide
you with all details about media management in TYPO3 CMS 6+.
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/media/

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!